Sun, 27 Feb|
the storywork sessions: Women Who Run With The Wolves [pt. 1]. ONLINE SESSIONS. (1)
A series for women interested in working with myths + stories
Time & Location
27 Feb, 16:00 GMT – 23 Oct, 18:00 BST
About the Event
The Storywork Sessions is a series of workshops, run monthly, and lasting two hours, for women interested in working with myths and stories - particularly those about femininity and womanhood. Whilst there will definitely be reading happening in these sessions, and in between them, this is not a reading group in the traditional sense. Instead, it's an opportunity to actively work with these myths and stories: to trace their manifestations in our own lives; their patterning of our own experiences and to explore how they might free, expand and deepen our sense of ourselves as storied beings.
The first and second block of sessions will be devoted to Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés , an exploration of myths, stories and archetypes of the wild woman and a meditation on the consequences when women deny their own wildness. Each month, we'll touch into a different story with the book, working too with pop culture, tarot, our felt senses and ritual around the themes presented by that month's story.
These sessions are for you if:
- you are interested in myth and story and in doing myth and story work
- you feel creatively blocked/stuck/uninspired/depleted
- you identify with or are interested in feminist and feminine modalities
- you are looking for a community that is predicated on feminist, queer, anti-racist and animist principles
- you identify as a witch/witchy/witch-curious
No prior knowledge of the book, or training in myth/story work is needed - you can take the book chapter-by-chapter, month-by-month. Groups will be capped in order to ensure a quality of experience for everyone taking part.
- Six monthly 2 hour sessions with the rest of the group
- suggestions, provocations and exercises each month, in between the sessions
- a supportive community
- access to recorded sessions [for the online group]
- a deepened understanding of myths, archetypes, and stories and their application in your own life
Who I am:
I am a trained storyworker, teacher and writer with over 15 years' experience working in academic and public settings. I write about motherhood, ritual, bad feelings, music, feminism, academia and literature. I am also a tarot reader and soon-to-be qualified Reiki practitioner.
Payment and refund policy:
Please be honest about what you are able to afford when choosing your ticket band for these sessions so that they remain accessible for people from a variety of economic situations. Payment for part 1 entitles you to all six sessions in this section and access to the accompanying material and community spaces. Dates and payment details for pt. 2 will be released in due course. Refunds for part 1 will be provided up to one week before the start of these sessions and will not be provided once the sessions have started.